Sunday 14 October 2012

Team Cambridge 2-Up Team Time Trial Report - 14/10/12

This just in from Clive Collins, following his and Nigel Wilson's return to the Team Cambridge event which took place earlier today.

"Nigel and I rode this event last year and recorded a 29.18, and Nigel wasn't really happy with his ride on the day, so we decided to give the event a go this year to see if we could better our time from last year. 

"Interestingly the weather conditions were exactly the same this year as last year although Nigel claimed it was colder.  Nigel was warming up when I arrived, I have to say that I had left getting to the event a little late so that it was a bit of rush preparing for the ride, consequently I didn't warm up properly. 

"We started the ride with Nigel on the front, I did one session on the front before the Orwell mountain, but I knew that I wasn't really firing on all cylinders and the event turned into a 80% Grand Prix de Gentleman.  We came home with a 30.05 on the result board.  Nigel's comment back at the HQ was 'I really enjoyed that course, are you up for it again next year?' I said OK, but after Nigel left, the event secretary stated that there wouldn't be an event in 2013, but they may be back for 2014."

Plenty of time to prepare for the 2014 event.